Dr. Markovitz practices general ophthalmology with a special interest in pediatric eye care. A skilled and respected eye surgeon he specializes in cataract and intraocular lens surgery laser surgery for glaucoma, diabetes and after cataracts. He brings a remarkable range of clinical experience, from United States Army Major working as the Health Clinic Commander at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii to ophthalmologist for the Pennsylvania Ballet.
Dr. Markovitz is also Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Cooper University Medical Center in Camden where he is responsible for the training of Wills Eye residents.
Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
Chestnut Hill Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
Numerous lectures and presentations for local and national programs in ophthalmology.