Dr. Oberman has been practicing ophthalmology in Fairfield County since 1980. He is currently a senior attending at Norwalk Hospital, and chairman of the section of ophthalmology.
In his established career, Dr. Oberman has presented original research at the American Academy of Ophthalmology and published work in several journals, including the New England Journal of Medicine. He has lectured locally at Norwalk Hospital, the Norwalk Department of Health, the American Diabetes Association, the Society of Ophthalmic Personnel at Yale, and the Connecticut Society of Ophthalmic Personnel.
In addition to providing general ophthalmology services, including comprehensive eye exams, Dr. Oberman specializes in treating eye disorders such as diabetic eye disease, cataracts, glaucoma, and various ocular surgical procedures.
Albany Medical College of Union University, Albany, NY
Pediatrics – Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
Ophthalmology – Pittsburgh Eye and Ear Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- The American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Connecticut Society of Eye Physicians
- Connecticut State Medical Society
- Fairfield County Medical Society – Member of Occupational Health & Safety Committee
- Norwalk Medical Society
- American Diabetes Association – Member Board of Directors, Fairfield Chapter
- Fairfield County Public Health Committee
- Several national professional journals, including the New England Journal of Medicine and the Archives of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association’s Physician Recognition Award (1998-2001, 2003-2006, 2008-2011, 2012-2014)
- Connecticut Magazine’s “Top Doctor” award (2009-2016)
- Patient’s Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2015, 2016)
- Named to “America’s Top Physicians” by Consumers’ Research Council of America
- Eye Care America 25 Years of Service Award