Dr. Kalbag is a board-certified ophthalmologist with specialized training in vitreoretinal diseases and surgery. He has conducted research, authored manuscripts, and has earned several awards for his commitment to ophthalmic knowledge. In his spare time, Dr. Kalbag enjoys creative writing, graphic design, digital animation, music composition, and reading.
In addition to providing general ophthalmology services, including comprehensive eye exams, Dr. Kalbag specializes in diabetic retinopathy, age-related macular degeneration, retinal detachments, as well as retinal and macular pathology.
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
ResidencyInternal Medicine – St. Luke’s University Hospital, Bethlehem, PA
Ophthalmology – Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
Vitreoretinal Diseases and Surgery – Northwestern Medicine, Chicago, IL
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Several poster presentations and manuscripts, including research published in Journal of Glaucoma
- Certificate, Outstanding Achievement and Excellence in the Ophthalmic Knowledge Assessment Program (June 2016 & 2017)
- Cento Amici Ophthalmology Award (May 2014)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society (April 2013)
- Dr. Paul Miranti Award for Outstanding Achievement in Anatomy (Rutgers NJMS – May 2011)