What to Expect
As a ReFocus patient, you will benefit from our doctors’ expertise and be treated with the compassion and respect you deserve.
At your first appointment, you will:
- Complete some paperwork
- Meet the doctor and your eye care team
- Tell us about yourself and health history
- Be examined by the doctor
- Ask questions, get answers
No matter your reason for coming in to see us, your doctor will provide expert guidance so you can make educated decisions about your care.
We look forward to seeing you!
Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time. We will have some paperwork for you to complete before seeing the doctor.
If you prefer, you can always print and bring the forms below to your appointment.
Communication and information are vital to great eye care. The ReFocus Patient Portal delivers both.
After becoming a ReFocus patient, you’ll be invited to create your patient portal account. It’s an internet-based tool that allows us to stay organized and helps you stay on top of your care.
With the secure portal, you can easily:
- Review, verify and update contact info
- Input and update your medical, social and family history
- Indicate medications, allergies and preferred pharmacy
- See your doctor’s notes from your visits
- View any patient handouts the doctor provided
- Communicate with the staff and your doctor
You’ll get more information about registering for the portal at your first visit.
Our goal is to provide excellent care to each patient in a timely manner. In order for us to do this, we ask that you inform us if you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment. Your notification allows us to proactively fill that available appointment by serving another patient in need of our care.
If you need to cancel an appointment, please call us Monday-Friday between 8:30am-4:00pm at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
You may incur a cancellation fee if you:
- Cancel less than 24 hours before your scheduled appointment (late cancellation); and/or
- Fail to arrive at the designated date and/or time of your appointment (missed appointment)
Cancellation fees are billed directly to the patient (not insurance) and are due prior to the next scheduled visit.
Policy exceptions: As always, health and safety are our priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, until further notice, if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to the office for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19. Late cancellations or missed appointments due to COVID-19 are not subject to a fee. Also, Medicaid insurance carriers are exempt from cancellation fees.